Catholic Calendar from Universalis is a valuable program/app which might be of interest to ministers, catechists and parishioners at St Teresa’s. In effect it is a Daily Missal, but has many more features.
They have offered us a discounted price, subject to a minimum purchase of 20 licences.
The full price is £19.99, but the discounted price is £9.99 and allows you to use the full program/app on all your devices e.g. phone, laptop and PC.
If you’d like a free trial for a month you can get one by clicking here.
If you’d like to take up the offer or want more information please contact the parish office.
I’ve copied some information from the Universalis website to help you decide whether you’d like to take the offer up – my additional comments are in italics.
The Universalis program gives you:
- A full liturgical calendar so that you know all the saints’ days and feasts. The calendar can be adjusted to match your location – so we can have it set to England & Wales, Liverpool Archdiocese.
- The About Today page to tell you about the saints of the day, and more.
- Every Hour in the Liturgy of the Hours: Morning, Mid-Morning, Midday, Afternoon, Evening and Night Prayer, plus the wonderful Office of Readings.
- All the readings and prayers for Mass so you can follow them in church or read them at home, together with commentaries on the readings including extended versions of the ones used at Mass where this gives you more contextual meaning. Also the Order of Mass, including the option to have this in other languages – in case we ever get the opportunity to go to Mass abroad again!!
- Lectio Divina for private or shared meditation.
- Every day of every year: look at any date whenever you want.
- The Newman Canonisation: You will find the Novena prayers in the About Today pages from 4 October 2019 onwards.
With you, for you, always, everywhere
- The Universalis program is free to use for the first month. After that, you need to buy a registration code.
- The code lasts forever and you never need to pay again.
- The code works not only on Windows but also on the Mac, Android, iPhone / iPad / iPod Touch, and e-books.
- The Universalis program doesn’t need an Internet connection, so you can use it anywhere at any time.
- Your registration code belongs to you personally, and you can use the same registration code on all the devices and systems that you own.